Tutorials for using Kivy with sqlite and classes?

kp2111

Jun 24, 2019, 6:04:39 PM6/24/19
to Kivy users support
Hi,

I'm getting to know Kivy and am testing it out with an sqlite database however I can't find any good tutorials or YouTube videos that help with this topic. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any?

M J

Jun 24, 2019, 8:10:48 PM6/24/19
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
This is where I learned

Really fun tutorial. Plus if you get stuck there are answers in the comments.

On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 at 8:04 am, 'kp2111' via Kivy users support <kivy-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm getting to know Kivy and am testing it out with an sqlite database however I can't find any good tutorials or YouTube videos that help with this topic. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any?

Robert Flatt

Jun 24, 2019, 8:45:50 PM6/24/19
to Kivy users support

kp2111

Jun 26, 2019, 6:25:14 PM6/26/19
to Kivy users support
Thanks for the responses. Maybe my question would be better phrased a different way - I'm trying to create login functionality and store the data in an sqlite database. I'm unsure whether I should be using classes here or just use a number of functions to connect to the database and add users, login to the app etc. I can't seem to find many great tutorials about using classes and kivy?

Elliot Garbus

Jun 26, 2019, 8:47:50 PM6/26/19
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

Kivy is heavily object orientated, so you will be using classes for the GUI.

Here are a few resources that I found useful.

On the Kivy.org read through the programming guides, and do the tutorials.  The documentation on the Kivy site, especially the reference docs are quite good.  The guides give you a higher level overview.

Watch the kivy crash course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7UKmK9eQLY&list=PLdNh1e1kmiPP4YApJm8ENK2yMlwF1_edq

There are a few examples in the examples directory that are great learning tools: The Kivy Catalog is a great way to experiment with layouts, and the Kivy Showcase is another very useful tool.  The examples are good.

The Dusty Phillips book, “Creating Apps in Kivy”.  A few things are a little out of date, but I found the way code was annotated and explained to be very helpful coming up the learning curve.