Securing our APK File from Reverse Engineering

Arumugam Maharaja

Jul 30, 2020, 3:23:23 AM7/30/20
to Kivy users support
Hi All,

Is there any way to avoid reverse engineer our apk file released from buildozer. Is there anyway to obfuscate our written code in Python/Kivy Supported to prevent it from hackers. I could see ProGuard and DexGuard for a conventional Android App using Java. Please suggest some if we have for kivy.

Cheers,
Arumugam Maharaja.

planckp...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2020, 12:40:55 PM7/30/20
to Kivy users support
If the apk is published in the app store, perhaps nobody will see it.

Alexander Taylor

Jul 30, 2020, 1:34:24 PM7/30/20
to Kivy users support
By default your app is shipped as python bytecode and so is easily decompilable. You can compile it to C with cython or something to help, or use a python obfuscation tool, but that's up to you.

Arumugam Maharaja

Jul 30, 2020, 2:58:53 PM7/30/20
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alexander. Will try 🤗

Will Tejeda

Aug 1, 2020, 3:06:10 AM8/1/20
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
What are some of the better and/or easier to implement python obfuscation tools?