keyboard control

Jiří Němec

Jan 3, 2020, 10:12:01 AM1/3/20
to Kivy users support
Hi, I wrote this small test program and I am not sure how to enable keyboard control (with arrows, enter, pgup, pgdown, ... like usually). Is it possible?

Thanks for answer.

Jiří
main.kv
main.py

Alexander Taylor

Jan 3, 2020, 4:39:48 PM1/3/20
to Kivy users support
Bind to kivy.core.window.Window.on_key_down etc. to get events when buttons are pressed. From there, you can do anything you like.

Jiří Němec

Jan 3, 2020, 5:03:38 PM1/3/20
to Kivy users support
Hi Alex, thanks for answer. I am not sure how to connect key press to some actions with widget filechooser. Like selection or something like in normal file manager. Can you give me small quick example? Thanks a lot and so sorry for this question.

PS: I tried to search solution a lot, but without success (that is it can be seen in that code)