mbn...@gmail.com

May 15, 2017, 8:35:31 AM5/15/17
to Kivy users support
Hi,

I'm C++/Qt developer. Because of C++ web frameworks limitation I decided to migrate to Python world because using Python I can develop web, desktop and mobile apps. But I still suspect about Kivy efficiency for Andoird/iOS deployment because of:
  1. Missing UI designer for Kv Design Language
  2. Supporting Localtion (GPS/Maps)
  3. Supporting Sensors
  4. Supporting Bluetooth

PS. I read about Plyer but I wonder how its product efficiency is for rapid production?

Sorry for silly discussion.. I'm still a newbie in Python.

Bill Janssen

May 18, 2017, 7:33:24 PM5/18/17
to Kivy users support
2, 3, and 4 are all about Plyer.  Try it, and report back on its efficiency (or lack thereof).  I'm sure others are interested, too.

#1, the missing UI designer, is an interesting one.  I tend to just write the code, but I can see where others might want more of a toolset.  There's kivy-designer, but I don't know if it outputs kv.

Bill

ViT Kol

May 19, 2017, 10:38:55 AM5/19/17
to Kivy users support