selecting multiple files in the FileChooser or FileBrowser widget

Rodrigo Principe

Jul 19, 2017, 4:11:54 PM7/19/17
to Kivy users support
Hello, I've seen an open issue in the repository for this feature, but has anybody made a workaround at least? It seem like a basic behavior of the chooser, indeed it has a property called 'multiselect' that can be set to True, but doesn't seem to work. No one else needed this functionality?? I have tried the FileBrowser widget from the garden, but doesn't work either.

Matthew Einhorn

Jul 19, 2017, 4:49:34 PM7/19/17
to Kivy users support
Yeah, it does work with filebrowser, although it doesn't show it visually. Specifically, you'll see the files listed in the textbox, but visually it doesn't show as selected.

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Rodrigo Principe <fitopri...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, I've seen an open issue in the repository for this feature, but has anybody made a workaround at least? It seem like a basic behavior of the chooser, indeed it has a property called 'multiselect' that can be set to True, but doesn't seem to work. No one else needed this functionality?? I have tried the FileBrowser widget from the garden, but doesn't work either.

Matthew Einhorn

Jul 19, 2017, 4:50:21 PM7/19/17
to Kivy users support
filechooser will need to be re-written at some point using recycleview and all these issues fixed.

Rodrigo Principe

Jul 19, 2017, 4:52:31 PM7/19/17
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
shouldn't it be improved too? I mean, how does the user know it? Besides, I have upgrade the kivy garden module, and running the TestApp inside FileBrowser shows that doesn't work, or maybe I don't know how to select multiple files, I have tried with shift, ctrl, mouse click.. nothing

Matthew Einhorn