Alex Kobzar

Mar 12, 2020, 2:20:48 PM3/12/20
to Kivy users support
Hi. I am beginner. I want create a small application. Below you can find code my app:

from kivy.app import App
from kivy.uix.button import Button

class TestApp(App):
    def build(self):
        return Button(text='Hello World')
TestApp().run()

I took this code from tutorial. Accord to tuturial this code should work. But when I has run I received this messege:

Error 1.png

Also I attached screenshot of executing program code:

Error 2.png

Please, help me with this problem!
  Sincerely yours, Alex!

Robert Flatt

Mar 12, 2020, 4:03:34 PM3/12/20
to Kivy users support
The Kivy code is good. The Kivy version is good. Python version is OK.

The Kivy dependencies are not the specified version  https://kivy.org/doc/stable/installation/installation-windows.html but I tried yours and they work for me.
But it is a good habit to follow the install instructions.

FYI the convention is to have Python files with a .py extension not a .txt extension, but that is not the issue here

Doesn't look like a Kivy issue.
I'm gonna guess it something about the computer configuration, perhaps the Python install.
Has there been more than one Python version installed?
Does user\samsung have Admin privileges by default?
There some history here that only you know that would give us a hint.....