Re: [kivy-users] Abridged summary of kivy-users@googlegroups.com - 11 updates in 6 topics

Paul Wandendeya

Jun 27, 2024, 11:01:40 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Does the code of app work well?

On Thu, Jun 27, 2024, 3:00 AM <kivy-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Andrew Fielden <andre...@gmail.com>: Jun 25 10:15PM -0700

Does anyone have a link to a worked example of using a Recycleview, with a
SQLite database. All the examples I've found just use hardcoded, or
generated data.
...more
ELLIOT GARBUS <elli...@cox.net>: Jun 26 11:10PM

Share a sample database or just a query result and I'll help.

________________________________
From: kivy-...@googlegroups.com <kivy-...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Andrew Fielden ...more
Degenerate Tech <sksah...@gmail.com>: Jun 26 05:40AM -0700

import kivy
#kivy.require('1.2.0')

from sys import argv
from os.path import dirname, join
from kivy.app import App
from kivy.uix.videoplayer import VideoPlayer
import os ...more
ELLIOT GARBUS <elli...@cox.net>: Jun 26 05:47PM

While I don't know if it will effect your issue, generally you want to set the environment variables prior to importing any Kivy modules. A number of the kivy modules evaluate the env vars on import. ...more
Degenerate Tech <sksah...@gmail.com>: Jun 26 10:57AM -0700

Any idea how to solve ?

On Wednesday, June 26, 2024 at 11:18:04 PM UTC+5:30 ElliotG wrote:

...more
ELLIOT GARBUS <elli...@cox.net>: Jun 26 11:02PM

What happens with you change the order of imports?

import os
os.environ["KIVY_VIDEO"] = "ffpyplayer"

from sys import argv
from os.path import dirname, join
from kivy.app import App ...more
Yassine Ouchen <ouchen.yt....@gmail.com>: Jun 26 11:25AM -0700

Watch this short demo video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWJqxDNlCps)
that showcases the *AI*'s performance and the smooth integration with the
Kivy framework.

The Rules of my Tic-Tac-Toe ...more
"Henrik R." <henrik.r...@gmail.com>: Jun 26 07:11AM -0700

Great. Thank you! That code works. :-)

But why do you have to:
Clock.schedule_once(self.add_buttons)
And why do you NOT:
self.add_widget(self. dropdown)

On Tuesday 25 June 2024 at ...more
ElliotG <elli...@cox.net>: Jun 26 09:00AM -0700

I added the clock because the Button was not rendering, so I added to clock
to see if that was needed - and it worked.
I did not add do a self.add_widget(self.dropdown)... I followed the example ...more
ELLIOT GARBUS <elli...@cox.net>: Jun 26 03:47PM

I'm having trouble understanding what you are trying to accomplish.

The key_size in the data list must specify the size of the widget. In this case it would be the size of the RVBoxLayout (The ...more
Paul Wandendeya <paulwan...@gmail.com>: Jun 26 09:01AM +0300

I am trying to modify the code with recommended methods is correct now.
Surely, here's the complete code for the ProjectileStopApp that uses the
recommended `Clock` functions:

...more