Enumerate supported camera resolution

Andrea Merello

May 7, 2020, 3:04:06 AM5/7/20
to Kivy users support
Hello,

I'm developing a small Kivy application that opens the camera and streams the live video over the network. It seems to work on both my Android phone and my Linux laptop, however I had to rely on some Linux v4l2 utility to get a clue about the supported camera resolutions. I had to hardcode the supported resolution list in order to give the user a list to choice from.

I may just invoke that external Linux utility from my Kivy app to get proper resolution list for any camera, but how can I do this in a platform-independent way? i.e. to get the list of supported resolutions on Android phones?

Andrea

Robert Flatt

May 7, 2020, 1:26:25 PM5/7/20
to Kivy users support