Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

David Bronke

ungelesen,
09.01.2020, 13:25:2309.01.20
an Kivy users support
I've been unsuccessfully trying to get my app to render directly to the framebuffer on the Raspberry Pi 4. (it worked fine on the 3B+) So far, all the indications I've been able to find about people using Kivy on the Raspberry Pi 4 seem to point to X11 now being required. In the past, you could directly render to the framebuffer without needing X11 installed, using KIVY_WINDOW=egl_rpi. Is this no longer working due to the upgrade from the Videocore IV to the Videocore VI in the RPi 4?

Is there something I can do to help restore this functionality on the Raspberry Pi 4? I'd love to dive in with a PR, but I'm not sure where to start, exactly. The error I'm seeing is:
egl_rpi - ImportError: cannot import name 'bcm' from 'kivy.lib.vidcore_lite' (/home/karvy/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/kivy/lib/vidcore_lite/__init__.py)

Pieter van der Meer

ungelesen,
17.01.2020, 11:36:3217.01.20
an kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I'm afraid this is how it is at the moment. The guys at raspberry have a fake KMS driver that runs on top of X11. This allows you to run kivy full screen, but you still need to boot lightdm / X11 first. Not ideal. There might be plans to do a true full screen KMS driver, but it's not high on the priority list of the Pi team. The root cause of all of this is that they don't want to / or can't use some lib that works directly on the videocore anymore. You can follow threads about this on the Raspberry Pi forum..

Cheers,

Pieter van der Meer
System engineer / Owner
Tasty Chips Electronics