Kivy fullscreen app prevents display from sleep

Lako

May 14, 2019, 1:33:26 PM5/14/19
to Kivy users support

Hi, this is my reupload of my question on StackOverflow. Probably here it fits better.

I'm running KivyPie with fullscreen Kivy app and Elecrow 7" touchscreen. Since the app will run nonstop, I would prefer screen to go blank after a while and wake up on touch.

The screensaver works when in terminal, but after running the application, screen stays always on.

I've set allow_screensaver 1 in kivy config.ini. Also tried setting BLANK_TIME=1 in /etc/kbd/config, but without success.

Any suggestions about how to force screensaver?

Wolfmanjm

May 15, 2019, 7:06:26 AM5/15/19
to Kivy users support
It appears that the allow screen saver setting does not apply when running either on a linux system under X. It never blanks as long as the kivy app is running.

On my RPI with 7" touch screen running egl (no X) I just implemented my own screen blanking in my app, I am not sure the /sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/bl_power works for your screen but it does work for the rpi touch screen, so that is what I do.

I have not found a fix for X windows not blanking though while kivy is running.

Lako

May 20, 2019, 6:52:02 AM5/20/19
to Kivy users support
Thanks for the response. I forgot to mention, that I also tried /sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/bl_power, with no success on that display. Maybe it's because I have KivyPie and not raspbian, but I think it shouldn't be a problem.
I'll post update here, if I'll find some solution.