Kivy SymPy Error during compile

berk berk

Mar 30, 2022, 5:28:49 PM3/30/22
to Kivy users support
STDOUT:
patching file sympy/utilities/timeutils.py
Hunk #1 FAILED at 8.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file sympy/utilities/timeutils.py.rej

Robert

Mar 30, 2022, 5:58:02 PM3/30/22
to Kivy users support
One possible cause is pinning the sympy version

[and generally its best to give some context, "I'm using Buildozer to build for Android...."]

Dawit Emirie

Mar 30, 2022, 7:24:57 PM3/30/22
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

ls/_distutils/sysconfig.py to sysconfig.cpython-38.pyc [DEBUG]: byte-compiling /home/deva/Downloads/.buildozer/android/platform/build-arm64-v8a_armeabi-v7a/build/python-installs/myapp/armeabi-v7a/./setuptools/_distutils/versionpredicate.py to versionpredicate.cpython-38.pyc [DEBUG]: byte-compiling /home/deva/Downloads/.buildozer/android/platform/build-arm64-v8a_armeabi-v7a/build/python-installs/myapp/armeabi-v7a/./setuptools/_distutils/spawn.py to spawn.cpython-38.pyc [DEBUG]: byte-compiling /home/deva/Downloads/.buildozer/android/platform/build-arm64-v8a_armeabi-v7a/build/python-installs/myapp/armeabi-v7a/./setuptools/_distutils/archive_util.py to archive_util.cpython-38.pyc [DEBUG]: byte-compiling /home/deva/Downloads/.buildozer/android/platform/build-arm64-v8a_armeabi-v7a/build/python-installs/myapp/armeabi-v7a/./setuptools/_distutils/__init__.py to __init__.cpython-38.pyc [DEBUG]: byte-compiling /home/deva/Downloads/.buildozer/android/platform/build-arm64-v8a_armeabi-v7a/build/py

Dawit Emirie

Mar 30, 2022, 7:27:07 PM3/30/22
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
what is the probable cause of this problem which runs for atleast 40 up to 50 minutes until i stop it

Robert

Mar 30, 2022, 7:56:35 PM3/30/22
to Kivy users support
I do not know.
Try attaching the full log as a .txt file. Maybe that will give a clue...

berk berk

Mar 30, 2022, 8:10:03 PM3/30/22
to Kivy users support
Adding SymPy to  buildozer requirements and the buildozer compiling otomaticaly SymPy 1.1.1.
then remove all files, restart to computer and,
If i change to latest versiyon sympy==1.10.1 in buildozer. Give this error:

STDOUT:
patching file sympy/utilities/timeutils.py
Hunk #1 FAILED at 8.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file sympy/utilities/timeutils.py.rej

I don't understand yet.

Robert

Mar 30, 2022, 8:23:01 PM3/30/22
to Kivy users support
yes this is a possible expected behavior when version pinning a recipe.

The recipe is designed for a specific version it may not work with some other version.

Specifically, this patch is failing because something in sympy changed when the version chaged.

berk berk

Mar 30, 2022, 8:34:36 PM3/30/22
to Kivy users support

rom pythonforandroid.recipe import PythonRecipe

class SympyRecipe(PythonRecipe):

version = '1.1.1'  *I changed to 1.10.1 (I tried it but again same problem)

url = 'https://github.com/sympy/sympy/releases/download/sympy-{version}/sympy-{version}.tar.gz'

depends = ['mpmath']

call_hostpython_via_targetpython = True

patches = ['fix_timeutils.patch', 'fix_pretty_print.patch']

recipe = SympyRecipe()

what should i do this problem? Do you have any advice to me?

Robert

Mar 30, 2022, 8:43:52 PM3/30/22
to Kivy users support
> The recipe is designed for a specific version it may not work with some other version.

If this issue arises you have to change the design of the recipe, you can't just change the version.
This is the issue you see after changing the version.

Generally to modify a recipe:

Specifically for sympy 1.10.1 I don't know what the changes are.
The approach is to understand what the patch changes, and create a new patch file for the new version of sympy.

Of course that may or may not be the only issue.

When you are successful consider posting a PR with the changes to the python-for-android project.

berk berk

Mar 31, 2022, 5:55:14 AM3/31/22
to Kivy users support
Another solve trial is use change patching file to sympy 1.1.1
So  sympy/utilities/timeutils.py is by sympy 1.1.1 and I change just one Python file that timeutils.py(1.1.1) inside sympy 1.10.1
And same thing for printing/pretty.py  I don't know will how to be? Perhaps might gives some error cuz SymPy structures tied each other.
I ll try it. Also I'm looking at patch file for fix it.

berk berk

Mar 31, 2022, 10:41:28 AM3/31/22
to Kivy users support
I tried to specific Python file on SymPy 1.10.1 change to alike file on SymPy 1.1.1 again doesn't work. I don't know editing patch file yet. it is easier to make new vector module than editing patch file(for me). Because there is need to editing more patch file.
Also if someone handle to this problem it becomes perfect :) Please send message here(Kivy support) when solved this problem.