Kivy-ios and Xcode 15 build error Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code

Richard Perreault

May 20, 2024, 3:40:03 PMMay 20
to Kivy users support
I am able to create an android app with no problems using buildozer, but can not for the life of me create a working iOS app. I even invested in a Mac M1 mini that put me back a lot of money, Whatever back to the issue, I followed the documentation to use kivy-ios with toolchain. I was able to make an Xcode project without errors, unlike buildozer which would give me  Command failed: ['/Users/richard/Documents/Python/.venv/bin/python3', 'toolchain.py', 'build', 'python3', 'kivy']
. Once I loaded the project I made with toolchain create HelloWorld ~/Documents/Python/HelloWorld it gives me with the build error after compiling main,py in Xcode 15 an
Showing Recent Issues
Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code
Never get further and it's just the HelloWorld kivy program nothing complicated.

This is my System:
Mac M1 mini (2020)
Sonoma 14.4.1
Xcode 15

Any help would be greatly appreciated, need a working iOS app for a client who is very anxious,

ELLIOT GARBUS

May 20, 2024, 4:32:33 PMMay 20
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
You may find more answers on the Kivy Discord, there is an IOS support channel.  I've not seen that many folks with IOS experience on this forum.

May 22, 2024, 10:41:33 AMMay 22
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I missed the initial question. I also play with iOS right now +
XCode 15 (see other mailing list thread).

In XCode 14 the application built and run fine. In XCode 15 it builds,
starts, and there is some access violation triggering debugger. Also
XCode complains there are obsolete calls.

It seems that toolchain is more modern approach over buildozer (last
release in early 2023). Lots of things changed singe early 2023
including total change in XCode 15 tool set.

In general you need to create XCode project with kivy-ios or buildozer
then open that project in XCode and tune config + build from there.

Looks like iOS cross-compile in Kivy badly needs an update :-)