kivy-ios for arm64

Jeff Senn

Dec 22, 2014, 1:12:40 PM12/22/14
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

Apple will soon be requiring App Store submissions to include arm64 support:

Has anyone started to look into this for kivy-ios? I believe it will require a newer version of libffi than the build procedure currently uses (and I believe this is a non-trivial change as it involves changing how libffi is built and patched now that it includes arm64 support for iOS)

Has anyone successfully built an arm64 version (for iOS)?

Jeff Senn

Dec 23, 2014, 4:45:52 PM12/23/14
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I took a shot at doing this -- the blocker for me turns out to be that pyobjus doesn't compile for arm64.

It turns out objc_msgSend_stret is not available on arm64 (worse than simply not being there,
it is "marked unavailable") which I think means we need to be able to somehow get an #ifdef
in pyobjus.c and them I become lost in the cython weeds....

Casper Lehmann

Jan 5, 2015, 4:28:36 AM1/5/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have a guess at the scope of this problem (I only know python, so I am in the dark here)? Can this realistically be implemented before february?

Sergey Cheparev

Jan 7, 2015, 12:18:54 PM1/7/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Confirm. Also need it. Everybody needs that.

branf...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2015, 5:56:35 PM1/7/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
My team needs this as well. Would be useful to at least have an idea of how easy or difficult it will be to update kivy-ios for arm64 support, as we are getting ready to submit to the app store. Any core devs who can speak on how quick/difficult of a fix this may be?

Casper Lehmann

Jan 8, 2015, 4:33:39 AM1/8/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I asked tito on irc yesterday. I don't think he was aware of Apple's announcement.
Nevertheless, he would look into it when he "got back," he said (though I'm not sure where he is, or when he'll be back).