Searching for a textfield cursor in touch mode

krrrambambuli

Feb 2, 2021, 9:25:53 AM2/2/21
to Kivy users support
I am using the kivy 2.0.0. on my raspberry 3+ with python 3.5 and it's running fine. I am using a 24" touch screen without any mouse and keyboard. The gui contains multiple textfields and the user has to enter text via the vkeyboard. Unfortunately there is no blinking cursor when the user clicks on a textfield. So it is difficult to edit existing texts without clearing the content accidentally.

Is there a way to show a blinking cursor in the textfiled while editing (like in other programs)?

Best regards!
Kristian

Elliot Garbus

Feb 2, 2021, 10:05:32 AM2/2/21
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

Have you changed the background color, or tried charging the cursor color?

On Windows10 I see a blinking cursor.

krrrambambuli

Feb 2, 2021, 11:08:51 AM2/2/21
to Kivy users support
I changed the cursor and background color and the cursor width. The values were accepted but without any effect... how is that possbile?