Kivy installation problem MacOS 10.12.6 & Python 3.6.1

Magre94

Oct 28, 2017, 5:43:49 PM10/28/17
to Kivy users support
Hi, I'm having problems installing kivy on MacOS. I followed the instructions provided on the website, using brew and pip. I tried many vesrions of Cython and Kivy combined but none gave results.

I'll provide all the informations about my system:

  • OS: MacOS 10.12.6
  • Python: 3.6 installed via brew
  • Cython 0.26.1 (but I tried 0.25, 0.26, 0.27.2)
  • setuptools: 36.6.0
  • pkg-config sdl2 sdl2_image sdl2_ttf sdl2_mixer gstreamer installed via brew
  • pkg-config: 0.29.2
  • sdl2: 2.0.7
  • sdl2_image: 2.0.2
  • sdl2_ttf: 2.0.14
  • sdl2_mixer: 2.0.2
  • gstreamer: 1.12.3
This is a gist containing the error: https://gist.github.com/kivydevman/5caecf80c4a2c0062d91cc3b48aef565

Also I tried installing kivy 1.10.0 and dev edition 1.10.1 from GitHub.

I had a working installation on the same system, using Python 3.5 , Cython 0.26.1 and Kivy 1.10.0 . Maybe the problem is Python 3.6?
Also possibly brew formulas versions could have been different at that time (20 days ago) but no more than 1 month old.

I'm now moving to Python 3.6 and I need kivy working here.

Thank you for you time.

Magre94

Oct 31, 2017, 5:41:01 AM10/31/17
to Kivy users support
So the problem appears to be an incompatibility with sd2_mixer v 2.0.2 as reported here:
and here:

So we either need to use sdl2_mixer v 2.0.1 or change the source to avoid the enum definition problem for the moment. It will probably be fixed in the next release of kivy.