Using zeromq in Kivy

Osiloke Emoekpere

Jul 9, 2014, 7:09:49 PM7/9/14
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I would really appreciate it if anyone can give me some tips on how to use zeromq within kivy. I thought i could just send a message in a scheduled event and the CLock would run that event in a different thread but it seems to still be in the main kivy thread and hence stalls it a little bit.

Thanks in advance
Osi

Osiloke Emoekpere

Jul 9, 2014, 11:10:42 PM7/9/14
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
So i just copied the Loader code. I had originally wanted to use zmq to create a messenger that connects with my external api. So anyone who wants to use zmq, take a look at the Loader code

Chris Luft

Jul 25, 2015, 7:16:26 AM7/25/15
to Kivy users support, o...@progwebtech.com
Hello!

I am new to Kivy and am running into the same problem with clock calls to zeromq. Can you expand on your answer? I looked at the Kivy Loader code and still don't see it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Osiloke Emoekpere

Jul 25, 2015, 12:43:41 PM7/25/15
to Chris Luft, Kivy users support
I'll do you one better, i'll give you my code. https://gist.github.com/osiloke/f4f578e299bfc52a8083
All i did was create a queue which sends zmq messages on a different thread.
--
Thanks for your time.

Christopher Luft

Jul 26, 2015, 11:35:22 AM7/26/15
to Osiloke Emoekpere, Kivy users support
Thank you! I will report back once I get a chance at implementation.

Sent from my iPhone