Android app crashes

Mitchell Cooper

Nov 14, 2022, 8:48:17 PM11/14/22
to Kivy users support
Hello,

I am looking for some help because I am kind of at a loss here on what to do.
I created an application that works perfectly find on my desktop and in Android Studio after creating an apk. However, the app will just crash as soon as I open it on my phone. Logcat does not show any errors either as far as I can tell.

I've used both WSL and Google Colab to try compile the apk and both finish successfully.
I've also tried to just creating a simple application with just a few buttons / labels on the screen, but no luck with that either for some reason. Not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks in advance !

database.py
logcat.txt
buildozer.spec
main.py
calc.kv

Robert

Nov 14, 2022, 9:38:06 PM11/14/22
to Kivy users support
If you don't see a Python error message, it means the error is from Android (possible but hard to do).

1) This  will fix the issue if you have a corrupted apk.
https://github.com/Android-for-Python/Android-for-Python-Users#changing-buildozerspec

2) If that doesn't work remove the logcat Python filter to see the error, the log will be verbose and the error may be cryptic.

Robert

Nov 15, 2022, 1:21:54 AM11/15/22
to Kivy users support
Wait......
This maybe a KivyMD issue, see the post here https://groups.google.com/g/kivy-users/c/slC7FgTDK0k/m/1INb4Iz-AwAJ
And my post following.

Looking back at your code I see you have MDRaisedButton too (which makes 3 cases I have seen)

If you still have an issue, and this maybe a real issue, I suggest you follow up here https://github.com/kivymd/KivyMD/issues/1393

Robin Barrett

Nov 15, 2022, 1:31:27 AM11/15/22
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Ah thanks. I will investigate.

Mitchell Cooper

Nov 16, 2022, 8:39:48 PM11/16/22
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
It does seem to be a kivymd issue. I used version 1.0.2 instead and my program works just fine

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Kivy users support" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kivy-users/CAEC4aXX%3Dxz0SbmKgnZqCZTG7YTsy-d5ODxtTmZFVU24Xuenqdg%40mail.gmail.com.