APK runs on Android 4, but crashes on Android 5

Martin P.

Aug 19, 2015, 10:34:19 AM8/19/15
to Kivy users support
I compiled a Kivy app for Android and installed the APK successfully on a device running Android 4.2.2.
Now I tool the same APK and installed it on another tablet (more powerful) running Android 5.1. The app crashes at startup, with the log file stating:
"ImportError: cannot import name ThreadSource"
pointing to the line
from audiostream.sources.thread import ThreadSource

As it runs fine on the first tablet, kivy's audiostream package should be included in the APK. Any idea why it could crashes on the other device? Is there some known incompatibility between Android 4 and 5?

Thanks for answering,
Martin