Using TUIO hardware as Multitouch tracker in Kivy app

Shaurya Chaudhuri

Jan 26, 2014, 7:02:18 PM1/26/14
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I am new to Kivy, and i want to use Kivy for developing multitouch apps where hardware will be a TUIO tracker. For development purposes i am going to use a TUIO simulator(java based from tuio.org). Anyways i have been trying to edit the  paint app to TUIO recognizable. But i am unable to. I am following all that in the pdf which is in the website. Maybe i missed something. Can anyone help me in understanding how to use TUIO for multitouch events? if possible also edit the paint app so that i have a more clear understanding?

qua-non non

Jan 27, 2014, 2:03:10 PM1/27/14
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 5:32 AM, Shaurya Chaudhuri <shau...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am new to Kivy, and i want to use Kivy for developing multitouch apps where hardware will be a TUIO tracker. For development purposes i am going to use a TUIO simulator(java based from tuio.org). Anyways i have been trying to edit the  paint app to TUIO recognizable. But i am unable to. I am following all that in the pdf which is in the website. Maybe i missed something. Can anyone help me in understanding how to use TUIO for multitouch events? if possible also edit the paint app so that i have a more clear understanding?

Karla Muguerza

Jan 7, 2016, 7:06:09 PM1/7/16
to Kivy users support
Hi, I am using the same TUIO Simulator (JAVA tuio.org) and I have the same problem. Has anyone tried to use this with Kivy? The tuio simulator works well with PyMT, using port 3333.

Karla Muguerza

Jan 12, 2016, 3:30:15 PM1/12/16
to Kivy users support
Just in case someone needs this. Newbie mistake, I had to configure the input provider in the build. tuio Simulator up and running.