Disable mouse & touch input?

Jarek Zgoda

May 24, 2017, 3:54:16 AM5/24/17
to Kivy users support
In my application I would like to disable all input devices except keyboard and joystick - that means at least mouse and multitouch. I disabled mouse with mouse = none in configuration, but how do I disable multitouch device?

Jarek Zgoda

May 24, 2017, 4:17:25 AM5/24/17
to Kivy users support
Okay, replying to myself but for reference if anybody has the same issue, doing Config.set('input', '%(name)s', 'none') disables multitouch devices. There is a warning about missing provider <none> but this is OK I think.

ZenCODE

May 29, 2017, 2:43:31 PM5/29/17
to Kivy users support
Another way to do this is to insert a widget that "swallows" events by returning True for the "on_touch_down", "on_touch_move" and "on_touch_up" events. We do this to disable interaction whilst certain things are being done. Just another, less permanent option...:-)