BLE and Kivy

The Mad Programer

Mar 31, 2018, 11:14:17 AM3/31/18
to Kivy users support
Greetings,

BLE stands for Bluetooth Low Energy. For the past few months I've been intrigued by the concept of making a cross-platform app capable of bluetooth communication, unfortunately this has proven unexpectedly difficult.

I've come across a few suggestions, but I'm pretty curious if this is possible in Kivy. Has anyone ever tried making something like this before?

Perhaps it's more related to the cross-platform abilities of vanilla python rather than Kivy, though I can't help but wonder if Kivy has any pre-implemented functionalities that might help with the process.

Thanks in advance.

Alexander Taylor

Apr 2, 2018, 7:45:30 AM4/2/18
to Kivy users support
I'm aware of people having used BLE, but I don't know if any of their projects are public. I don't think plyer currently wraps these apis.

Kivy should be able to do it though, by calling the necessary parts of the Android APIs using pyjnius.