Strange kivy error message in Japanese???

embryo

Feb 22, 2017, 12:37:39 PM2/22/17
to Kivy users support

This happens with all my kivy apps when I use an AMD Radeon HD-2400 Pro card.

It happened on an other occasion with a laptop, but then I thought it had to do with the laptop's setup (it wasn't mine so I couldn't check for the cause).

If I use the CPU's build-in Intel HD Graphics 3000 they work OK.

.. and why a message with Japanese (or is it Chinese??)?

Python 2.7.11

kivy 1.9.0

Win7 SP1 x64

Alexander Taylor

Feb 22, 2017, 5:06:11 PM2/22/17
to Kivy users support
I can't remember what caused this, but apparently it's fixed in Kivy master, and probably in the current stable release 1.9.1.

embryo

Feb 22, 2017, 5:19:20 PM2/22/17
to Kivy users support

Well, I have to use 1.9.0 because of SoundLoader seek problem I had.

The problem is still there but at least I don't have another one too.

Maybe I will try it again when I get some time, but I don't have high hopes since I opened a github issue that didn't find a solution...

Matthew Einhorn

Feb 23, 2017, 12:45:16 AM2/23/17
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
That strange message means the open gl version is too low. If you run it with master it'll just tell you the same thing but in English. So basically there's an issue with your graphics driver.