kivy hardware requirement

王鹏

Oct 13, 2015, 5:18:47 AM10/13/15
to Kivy users support
hello all~~
      Is there anyone knows something about what is the hardware requirement for a Single chip microcomputer to run a kivy?

Alexander Taylor

Oct 13, 2015, 5:26:20 AM10/13/15
to Kivy users support
Probably the core one is opengl es 2.0 support, but I'm not sure if there are others that can become important on low powered devices. Slow ones may just not run kivy very well - for instance, I think we get good performance on the raspberry pi mostly by using a window backend that doesn't require X, but this may not be an option (or might need reinventing) on other devices.

I don't know a lot about this though, others may have a better idea.

Oon-Ee Ng

Oct 13, 2015, 5:56:17 AM10/13/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Side note - one thing I've run into (and am quite annoyed with) is
that the opengl es 2.0 support means virtualbox Windows 10 machines
won't run Kivy due to their video drivers not yet being updated.
Shouldn't have updated to windows 10 so fast, honestly, but it was
fine for all my other use-cases.