[ERROR ] No python recipe compiled!

Karimkhan Pathan

Nov 16, 2022, 10:21:15 AM11/16/22
to Kivy users support
I have followed all the steps mentoind here - https://github.com/kewlbear/kivy-ios
When I run "toolchain recipes" it list down all the python packages I have added

Now when I try to create Xcode project using

toolchain create kivi_iOS_project_16_11 /Users/karim/Desktop/iOS/kivi_demos

It gives me this error

[ERROR   ] No python recipe compiled!

[ERROR   ] You must have compiled at least python3

[ERROR   ] recipe to be able to create a project.

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 8.49.50 PM.png

As mentioned on the documentation folder should have main.py, but where do I find main.py file ? What should be in that ?

Robert

Nov 16, 2022, 1:52:06 PM11/16/22
to Kivy users support
I can answer the last part: main.py is (the root of) your app. It contains the Kivy App class.
This is the project you want to build.

Also you link a fork, the project is here https://github.com/kivy/kivy-ios

I only used kivy-ios a little, I don't know anything about the build error.
But I wonder if in this case, the current directory is always the project directory?

Karimkhan Pathan

Nov 17, 2022, 10:53:03 AM11/17/22
to Kivy users support
Thanks Robert, it solved my problem