buildozer resquest unexistent ndk

Juan Francisco López-Egea Martínez

Feb 22, 2019, 6:57:44 PM2/22/19
to Kivy users support
Hi, I have a problem with no solution, so as short:

Everything was working fine on an old 32 bit computer with kivy 1.0.9 and buildozer with ndk r9c.

Suddenly while an apk package creation for testing something, something tried to automatically update, download some stuff, and ouh yeah, "aidl cannot be executed"... so... I reinstalled buildozer, etc... and now and I have buildozer requesting me an 32 bit ndk that doesn't exists:

Command failed: unzip /home/reaversword/.buildozer/android/platform/android-ndk-r17c-linux-x86.zip

Of course, neither here:
https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/older_releases.html#ndk-17c-downloads
nor here:
https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/wiki
exist the package, since linux 32 bit support was deployed long time ago.

I have only accessible this machine right now, so my question is simple:

How can I get buildozer working again with r9c version, and avoid auto-stupid-update when I do "buildozer android debug deploy run" command to create the apk?.

Seriously buildozer must auto-update requesting a non-existing package?. Not autocheck or something similar?.

A greeting.

I know. Very old technology, but right now I have nothing better...

Alexander Taylor

Feb 22, 2019, 7:27:08 PM2/22/19
to Kivy users support
buildozer's failure to check for an architecture-compatible NDK is a bug. However, the realistic answer is that we don't support building on 32 bit operating systems.

You can probably download and try to use whatever version of buildozer you had before (or some other old version) via pip.

Juan Francisco López-Egea Martínez

Feb 23, 2019, 7:20:23 AM2/23/19
to Kivy users support
Absolutely understandable.

The point is, how can I avoid buildozer auto updates itself?

Any way to block it in a version?

Juan Francisco López-Egea Martínez

Feb 24, 2019, 6:19:59 AM2/24/19
to Kivy users support
So the point is select a version from here:

https://pypi.org/project/buildozer/0.31/#history

with:
sudo pip install buildozer==0.31

or == version you want.

And...

edit the .spec file created when "buildozer init" uncommenting line "# android.skip_update = False" and set it to True.

or

modify the spec file in home/*user*/buildozer/buildozer/default.spec one time and not in every project.