Kivymd app crash

David Shin

Jan 13, 2020, 7:32:48 PM1/13/20
to Kivy users support
Hi, I installed kivy and kivymd on ubuntu.
There is no problem with example code of kivymd on ubuntu,

But if I debugged kivymd app crash on android device.
However, if I use just kivy code there is no crash.

Is there any solution?
Many thanks in advance.

David

Robert Flatt

Jan 13, 2020, 8:39:40 PM1/13/20
to Kivy users support
First check that the app runs on the desktop. If not....

To find the issue with the app you need to run the debugger (assuming you use buildozer) ,read the Run my Application section:

And before running connect your phone with developer mode enabled, and usb debugging on.

In the resulting (very large) log file look for "Traceback", the info you need to debug your issue is probably (?) right after that.

If you can't find the issue, post the FULL log file (no run time filters) here as a .txt file - perhaps somebody can point out the location of the issue.

Robert Flatt

Jan 13, 2020, 11:52:50 PM1/13/20
to Kivy users support

Currently we're in alpha status, so things are changing all the time and we cannot promise any kind of API stability.

Check that it is exactly the same version of KivyMD on the desktop and on Android.

David Shin

Jan 14, 2020, 5:37:12 PM1/14/20
to Kivy users support
Thank you Robert

2020년 1월 14일 화요일 오후 5시 52분 50초 UTC+13, Robert Flatt 님의 말:

David Shin

Jan 14, 2020, 5:49:40 PM1/14/20
to Kivy users support
HI Robert
Here I attached log, could you find the reason of crash?
The weird thing is that the 'Roboto-Regular.ttf' file is obviously in the right directory.

2020년 1월 14일 화요일 오후 2시 39분 40초 UTC+13, Robert Flatt 님의 말:
logcat.txt

David Shin

Jan 14, 2020, 7:14:52 PM1/14/20
to Kivy users support
I've solved this by edit the buildozer.spec like below

# (list) Source files to include (let empty to include all the files)
source.include_exts = py,png,jpg,kv,atlas,ttf

2020년 1월 14일 화요일 오후 1시 32분 48초 UTC+13, David Shin 님의 말: