[help]having troubles with Android webview

waic

Sep 6, 2018, 10:54:01 AM9/6/18
to Kivy users support
I use these codes to build my app with webview: https://github.com/kivy/kivy/wiki/Android-native-embedded-browser
It works fine at first. But when I click the back button on my android phone the app paused to the background. then I click the icon to resume it. I got a black screen.
The app process seams blocked. It can't respone my click event when I click the back button again.
In the other case. I start the app and click home button. The App works properly.
notice I change org.renpy.android.PythonActivity to org.kivy.android.PythonActivity and I use buildozer to build my app

Message has been deleted

waic

Sep 6, 2018, 11:54:56 AM9/6/18
to Kivy users support

start the app:

屏幕快照 2018-09-06 下午11.46.25.png

after back button clicked and resume the app:

屏幕快照 2018-09-06 下午11.48.59.png

Demetri

Sep 14, 2018, 9:20:11 AM9/14/18
to Kivy users support
Same here. My kivy app creates a webview to show some html. The android BackButton used to close the webview. Now it crashes the app as described by waic.
Only change org.renpy.android.PythonActivity to org.kivy.android.PythonActivity.

waic

Sep 28, 2018, 11:17:44 PM9/28/18
to Kivy users support
Hi Demetri...Have you solve this problem now ?

Demetri Christopoulos

Sep 29, 2018, 4:15:44 AM9/29/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi waic. Nope. You?

waic

Oct 5, 2018, 8:49:52 PM10/5/18
to Kivy users support
Not yet : (

RJ

Oct 5, 2018, 11:03:22 PM10/5/18
to Kivy users support
I have a little idea and i have tried it..

use kivy to make our app home page

then use a webhost service and upload HTML files you want to show

and you can add back buttons in this html files

then disable back button of kivy app
Screenshot_2018-10-06-08-28-19.png
Screenshot_2018-10-06-08-28-31.png