suggestion option of the text input widget

husam alkdary

Apr 16, 2020, 9:02:37 AM4/16/20
to Kivy users support
I'm trying to make a simple suggestion option for my textinput  search widget I found a simple example about how to use the suggestion_text method so I wan modified to make the suggestion_text option appears not only on the textinput but also on the buttons that will allows me to move to specific page when I click it just like when you search on google and when you start typing it will shows you same other suggestions options and when I click any option it will send you me to the required web page
the code is attached since its very long
I hope my idea is clear

main.py
main.kv

Elliot Garbus

Apr 16, 2020, 10:51:38 PM4/16/20
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

This is an example of how to use suggestion text, the way it works does not provide multiple options to put on buttons.

Take a closer look at what it does: print word_list, word, and val… this algorithm does not do what you are looking for.

Once you have an algorithm that generates a list of candidate search terms, it is easy to get the results on the button.