__GNUC_PREREQ

Markus W

Apr 6, 2024, 9:17:06 AMApr 6
to Kivy users support
Dear all!

Upon running ```buildozer android debug``` I get numerous times the error message:

/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/cdefs.h:XXX:5: error: function-like macro '__GNUC_PREREQ' is not defined

where XXX is some line number. As stated above, this pops up numerous times, each time with another line number.

Eventually the build fails.

I am on Linux Debian 12. The problem occurs no matter whether I use a virtual environment via conda or using venv, respectively, to install kivy and pip3 to install buildozer.

Please let me know, what informations are needed in addition to trace down the origin of the problem.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Markus

elli...@cox.net

Apr 6, 2024, 9:25:21 AMApr 6
to Kivy users support
I have not done any mobile programming, but the error message suggests you might have the wrong architecture set somewhere. (The directory refers to x86-64).

An unofficial Buildozer users' guide. Contribute to Android-for-Python/Android-for-Python-Users development by creating an account on GitHub.

Apr 6, 2024, 1:11:39 PMApr 6
to Kivy users support
Thanks a lot for the link. I followed the suggestion there to build the kivy hello-world-example (with the given main.py file).
I did this by first setting up a new user on my Linux PC (current Debian 12(.5 I think)) with the standard skeleton files (.bashrc and so on).
I ssh'ed into this account.

Than created an virtual environment:

python -m venv --prompt bd ~/.venvs/buildozer
source .venvs/buildozer/bin/activate
pip3 install kivy buildozer cython

buildozer init

edited buildozer.spec such that

android.api = 31

no other changes whatsoever.
than run

buildozer android debug

but the __GNUC_PREREQ problems remains. I also tried with different cython versions from 0.29.15 to 3.0.10 but without success. The old versions produce other errors but the more recent ones always complain about the __GNUC_PREREQ thing.

I am really puzzled as I followed the instructions closely.