Missing something fundamental about Kivy, don't know what it is.

Hameer Abbasi

Sep 19, 2017, 4:46:21 AM9/19/17
to Kivy users support

Hello, everyone. I'm new here. If I'm not following decorum, let me know.

I'm trying to do something very basic in Kivy. Here's the entire project. Basically, the root BoxLayout is supposed to be the window, and (while not done yet) to be supported into two. The first vertical BoxLayout is the sidebar, and the first item in the sidebar is the avatar and the name of the player.

However, nothing shows up. If I play around, maybe something shows up in the wrong place. What am I doing wrong here?

Hameer Abbasi

ZenCODE

Sep 19, 2017, 2:57:03 PM9/19/17
to Kivy users support
You need to create a widget and return that in the build method of your app. e.g.

from kivy.uix.label import Label

class LythiumApp(App):

def build(self):

return Label(text="Hello")

This does not use your kv, but then I would suggest how to other classes to represent your screens and define class rules for those. Your kv does not define rules. Perhaps this will help?

https://kivy.org/docs/api-kivy.lang.html