Importing OpenAI gym (distutils dependency)

L. P.

Dec 22, 2018, 7:50:54 AM12/22/18
to Kivy users support
I'm trying to get OpenAI gym running on Android. The problem is that it imports distutils, which causes a crash on Android ("no module named distutils"). If I add distutils to the buildozer requirements, the build fails with the error "Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement distutils".

I'm not that familiar with Python modules and I couldn't figure out what exactly it is that gym uses distutils for. All I found was the line "import distutils.version" in __init__.py. Is there maybe a workaround that would allow importing the gym module without the distutils dependency?