Android/ios support of Kivy

sstereomatchingkiss

Mar 26, 2019, 7:31:48 AM3/26/19
to Kivy users support
I would like to develop a simple application by Kivy and make it run on android + ios.
But I am not sure how good Kivy can support android/ios and have some questions.

The functions I need are

1. take photo
2. download/upload data by websocket, http protocal(maybe need ssl in the future)
3. may need opencv in the future, I saw that we could compiled opencv with Kivy.

Questions are

1 . How good are those functions supported by Kivy?

2. Could I package the standard library of python27 with Kivy to android/ios?

3. I think I could use native api to grab the picture from camera, and saw  I could use Twisted to send the data by websocket.Any suggestions?

sstereomatchingkiss

Mar 26, 2019, 7:55:33 AM3/26/19
to Kivy users support
I check python for android and buildover, android platform should be fine, problem is ios

Глеб Самойлов

Mar 26, 2019, 1:57:37 PM3/26/19
to Kivy users support
Python 3 in Kivy does not support https protocol!

sstereomatchingkiss

Mar 29, 2019, 12:52:00 PM3/29/19
to Kivy users support
Thanks, I use requests library to replace the Kivy network library, it works on ubuntu, but failed to import on android