Can't install Kivy on Kivy VM.

Victor F

Oct 21, 2018, 1:28:01 AM10/21/18
to Kivy users support
It seems there no Kivy and when I tried to install it I've got errors. No module named kivy. There statement that Kivy is the only viable Python on Android, it seems not anymore.

Глеб Самойлов

Oct 21, 2018, 2:07:45 AM10/21/18
to Kivy users support
Why installing Kivy on Kivy VM? It works there by default.

Victor F

Oct 21, 2018, 3:35:12 AM10/21/18
to Kivy users support
I told why. It tells that there no module named kivy.

Глеб Самойлов

Oct 21, 2018, 5:38:32 PM10/21/18
to Kivy users support
In a virtual machine, everything works fine by default! Run a simple example and see for yourself.

Victor F

Oct 21, 2018, 10:34:32 PM10/21/18
to Kivy users support
What the difference between example and my own hello world ? Strange way of thinking. When I run this using python3 or python main.py it says no module named kivy:
import kivy

from kivy.app import App
from kivy.uix.label import Label

class MyApp(App):
def build(self):
return Label(text='Hello world')

if __name__=='__main__':
MyApp().run()

Victor F

Oct 21, 2018, 10:36:10 PM10/21/18
to Kivy users support
And I'm sorry, I'm not gonna run examples forever, one day I may need to develop my own program which I should run somehow.

Глеб Самойлов

Oct 21, 2018, 11:03:48 PM10/21/18
to Kivy users support
https://github.com/Zen-CODE/kivybits/blob/master/KivyCompleteVM/ReadMe.txt

Снимок экрана 2018-10-22 в 6.00.45.png

понедельник, 22 октября 2018 г., 5:34:32 UTC+3 пользователь Victor F написал:
Снимок экрана 2018-10-22 в 6.00.45.png

Victor F

Oct 21, 2018, 11:51:09 PM10/21/18
to Kivy users support
Ok, how to run main.py using Kivy ?

kivy.png

Victor F

Oct 22, 2018, 4:30:30 AM10/22/18
to Kivy users support
Why ZenCODE, who is ZenCODE, what about official kivy-buildozer-vm form here: https://kivy.org/#download

Глеб Самойлов

Oct 22, 2018, 4:49:10 AM10/22/18
to Kivy users support
Use what you want!

Victor F

Oct 22, 2018, 8:05:00 AM10/22/18
to Kivy users support
It seems you didn't get it, it's not complete. Why it doesn't work on OFFICIAL VM.

ZenCODE

Oct 22, 2018, 3:52:17 PM10/22/18
to Kivy users support
The buildozer vm does not have kivy installed (from what I remember). It's just for building, not running Kivy apps. The Kivy Complete VM runs Kivy apps as well. If you want to install kivy in the buildozer VM, try following the installation instructions.

Victor F

Oct 23, 2018, 6:39:40 AM10/23/18
to Kivy users support
 ~~~~~~~