Pygame and kivy - separate windows display problem

Luis Bill

Jun 21, 2013, 2:35:36 PM6/21/13
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I created a pygame program (in one single window), and I am trying to make a GUI to interface with the program, while the GUI is displayed, by itself, on a separate window. Therefore, I want to see two windows at the same time.

I have imported my kivy module into my pygame program, but when I run the pygame program, I can only display one window at a time. For instance, if I use the runClient() function (of pygame) before I run the run() function of kivy, then only the kivy window will be displayed (because run() was the last function that ran in the loop). And this is vice-versa as well.

So how can I get to display both windows of both programs at once?

Thank you very much!

markb...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2013, 10:52:13 PM6/21/13
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Well you can simply make a call from the Kivy program to open the PyGame program. If you need to synchronize data between the two instances, you can use the Mastermind library for instance.

Mathieu Virbel

Jun 23, 2013, 6:45:23 AM6/23/13
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Yep, there is no way to have 2 windows within the same process. Pygame
(and SDL 1.2) cannot do that.

Mathieu

Le 22/06/2013 04:52, markb...@gmail.com a �crit :