Kivy splash screen

Thomas Chen

Feb 24, 2016, 12:20:51 AM2/24/16
to Kivy users support
Hi!

My app starts a database server upon loading and it takes a few seconds before the app window is created. Is there any way to display a splash screen during startup prior to window creation?

Thanks!

Thomas Chen

Feb 24, 2016, 12:24:18 AM2/24/16
to Kivy users support
Oh, I should mention I'm building for desktop. Targeting OS X and Windows.

Oon-Ee Ng

Feb 24, 2016, 2:13:40 AM2/24/16
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I'd move the blocking code out of build() and Clock.schedule_once it.
First thing is to load the UI (use a screen manager for example) of
the splash, then let the database load.

If you're ambitious you could do the loading in a separate thread but
be aware of the many pitfalls.