MDDropDownItem with MDTextField

Amitha J Gowda

May 9, 2022, 7:39:52 AM5/9/22
to Kivy users support
Hi,

In my project I want to give user options to select various filter in one of the cases I would like to give a dropdown to select but if the users wish to pass their own input they can pass it as well. How can I achieve this using kivymd. I need to have widget features of MDDropDownItem and MDTextField in a one widget is it possible to achieve this?

Thanks!

Elliot Garbus

May 9, 2022, 10:26:30 AM5/9/22
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

It’s not clear to me the user experience you are trying to create.  On option would be to put an MDTextField on the screen, with a small button next to it that opens a set of menu options.  If the user select a menu item it fills in the MDTextField, the user could also type in the filed directly.