about developing android applications with kivy and android api: problems raised

Jagadeesh Mekala

Aug 31, 2019, 8:52:32 AM8/31/19
to Kivy users support
i want to access my android mobile through pyler or jnius. just for a sample i have written a code to vibrate my mobile when button clicked, i used buildozer to compile my python code to apk. but it's(apk) not worked in my android mobile..when i click the button app was closing automatically..by that i found only kivy ui is working but nadroid api is somethong error.. just send some information about this,..
need an example code with "android api+kivy" which can able to run on android by compiling with buildozer....
people ....help mee......that was my project... i am a big lover of python.

Alexander Taylor

Aug 31, 2019, 11:37:15 AM8/31/19
to Kivy users support

Robert Flatt

Aug 31, 2019, 10:50:24 PM8/31/19
to Kivy users support
I think the plyer vibrate obsolete.
Look at
It uses Java's Vibrator.vibrate() with an integer argument which was was "depreciated"/redefined in Android API26

So perhaps the only route is pyjnius. This can be a challenge as there is no checking between Python and Java code.
The debugging instructions posted above will tell you where the problem is, but in the pyjnius case not why - enjoy the challenge.

Our friend Google points me to an example, I have no idea if it works:
I think the pattern argument would need to be a VibrationEffect