What's the difference between 'buildozer appclean' and 'buildozer android clean'?

Henrik R.

Jul 10, 2024, 9:53:52 AM (6 days ago) Jul 10
to Kivy users support
Hi!

What's the difference between the 2 buildozer commands 'buildozer appclean' and 'buildozer android clean'?
I cannot find documentation on 'buildozer appclean', although I have actually used it in the past.
(As I understand 'buildozer distclean' deletes a lot more than 'buildozer appclean' and 'buildozer android clean'.)

Tomek CEDRO

Jul 10, 2024, 10:06:57 AM (6 days ago) Jul 10
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 10, 2024 at 3:54 PM Henrik R. <henrik.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the difference between the 2 buildozer commands 'buildozer appclean' and 'buildozer android clean'?

I guess that:
1. buildozer distclean will remove all fetched packages sdk components
libraries sources etc (these are kept in common dir outside project
location).
2. buildozer appclean will remove whole .buildozer directory from the
project location.
3. buildozer android clean will remove the android related stuff from
.buildozer directory project location.

Note that buildozer may cross build for different platforms not only
Android, so buildozer appclean will remove all buildozer cache related
to your application, while buildozer android whatever_command_next
only operates on the Android build cache :-)

Henrik R.

Jul 10, 2024, 10:37:09 AM (6 days ago) Jul 10
to Kivy users support
Aaah! Great. That makes sense. Thank you.