Kivy Garden on Ubuntu

Marcel Tendieck

Jan 3, 2019, 7:06:10 PM1/3/19
to Kivy users support
Hello There,

I'm new to Kivy and i already got a problem i can't solve.

I tried to install Kivy and that was successfull but then I tried to install the Kivy-Designer and there is a big problem:

after successfull installing garden "pip install garden" I tried to install xpopup "garden install xpopup" but it didn't work,
Ubuntu 18.10 says the command garden isn't available but it can be installed with "sudo apt install garden-of-coloured-lights", a game from the cosmic universe source...

I searched for a workaround mentioned on https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46258434/installation-of-kivy-garden but that disn't work for me either.

So is there any other way to work around it and successfully install xpopup?

Greetings from Germany

Robert Flatt

Jan 3, 2019, 7:52:21 PM1/3/19
to Kivy users support