asyncio for Kivy

Yannick Gingras

May 8, 2022, 8:49:49 AM5/8/22
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
How do people here like asyncio for Kivy?

I can't completely wrap my head around working with co-routines yet,
but I find that working with Kivy without asyncio ends up creating a
tangle of callbacks that event even though conceptually simple, is hard
to organize to make the program flow explicit.

Should I bite the bullet and learn how to think in co-routines? Any
other considerations that I should be aware of when using asyncio with
Kivy?

--
Yannick Gingras
http://ygingras.net

signature.asc

Elliot Garbus

May 8, 2022, 12:05:32 PM5/8/22
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

My use of asyncio is limited to a few examples.

Reading the kivy docs and looking at the kivy async examples, it does not free you from having to deal with kivy callbacks.  It allows you mix asyncio with kivy callbacks.  Instead of having one conceptual problem – you will have two!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kivy-users/8c2a9069feabbbcbccb5566fd57df47fd3f4d563.camel%40ygingras.net.