(during release .aab) p4a.branch=develop errors

berk berk

May 13, 2022, 5:29:42 PM5/13/22
to Kivy users support
I have a problem. I fallow this https://github.com/kivy/kivy/wiki/Creating-a-Release-APK steps turn to .aab for release on Google Play my app. But I took this error:
p4a error.png
I guess it doesn't connect to ndk. I check that error on Google or Github. And found this:   https://github.com/kivy/buildozer/issues/760

if I change to p4a.branch=develop with p4a.branch=master" it's works. But i need to develop. I guess "develop" is need to update your app on Google Play. What is the difference at master and develop? I use wsl, I haven't linux virtual machine.

if send to me  any document about difference master and develop, i can going on with master if no problem at master. Just i need protect to sign my app and i expecting update my app after release. By the way, sign process is  well, problem is p4a.branch=develop.

Robert

May 13, 2022, 7:39:04 PM5/13/22
to Kivy users support
I think you got some obsolete information, develop is not required for aab

To my knowledge there is no documentation about develop/master it just represents the practice of p4a developers.
In general develop is a moving target, never use it as there may be issues and it might be different tomorrow.
master is a freeze of some (considered stable) version on develop, this happens a few times a year, it depends on....stuff.

If you see old posts about develop/master check the date.

berk berk

May 13, 2022, 8:21:11 PM5/13/22
to Kivy users support
Thanks for information. so i got that,  you can update your app after release with p4a.branch=master. Is it true? Because updating is really important to me.
And again I'll fallow this steps  https://github.com/kivy/kivy/wiki/Creating-a-Release-APK for sign my app. But this signing is interesting. It's no any sign file in main file. At Android studio gives sign file with apk. By the way, Kivy must be more known to environment. It's Depended such a power and dynamic Python language. Really Really Kivy need to Studio Gui. If i training myself about more computer science that i can fork about it.

Robert

May 13, 2022, 8:49:10 PM5/13/22
to Kivy users support
To build aab use p4a master version not p4a develop version.

Sorry I know nothing about signing, though I understand signing a Buildozer aab confuses some people at first.