Questions about using openCV and ezdxf with kivy-ios

Chiho

Nov 19, 2021, 1:50:33 AM11/19/21
to Kivy users support
Can we use opencv and ezdxf with kivy-ios?

When we writed "import cv2" in code.
We running this exe, showing "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'cv2'" on Xcode.
But Same exe running on PC. This exe is running correct.

How can we get opencv and ezdxf to work with kivy-ios?
If you have any explanations on how to do it, please let me know.

The computer environment is described below.
- macOS Big Sur 11.6.1
- Mac mini (Apple M1)
- python 3.9
- cython 0.29.17
- kivy-ios 1.2.1

Robert

Nov 19, 2021, 11:39:51 AM11/19/21
to Kivy users support
OpenCV is not pure Python, it needs to be compiled for a specific platform.
kivy-ios compiles for ios with a recipe, there is no recipe for OpenCV.

Chiho

Nov 21, 2021, 7:45:41 PM11/21/21
to Kivy users support
Thank you for your reply.

Does that mean we need to compile opencv and ezdef recipes for kivy-ios?

Do you have any information on how to make a recipe?

Robert

Nov 22, 2021, 12:42:38 AM11/22/21
to Kivy users support
Yes, compile opencv with a recipe, exdef I know nothing about.
I don't have any info, I'm not a kivy-ios user and as far as I can tell there is no documentation.

I can point you to the Android recipe documentation, https://github.com/kivy/python-for-android/blob/develop/doc/source/recipes.rst
But I expect that would only be somewhat helpful.

Generally both here and on Discord requests for help creating recipes goes unanswered.
This is a task for people who can be self supporting.

Chiho

Nov 23, 2021, 7:29:02 PM11/23/21
to Kivy users support
We will refer to document.