Kivy App Textinput Keyboard

Albin Troglauer

Aug 7, 2020, 1:03:08 AM8/7/20
to Kivy development

I can't get any further, why my android keyboard doesn't open on my kivy app, I've already tried the following:

1)
<TextInputX>
id: texter
keyboard_mode: 'managed'
is_focusable: True
focus: True
keyboard_on_key_down:
texter.show_keyboard()

2)
self.nummer.is_focusable = True
self.nummer.focus = True
self.nummer.keyboard_mode = 'managed'
keyboard_on_key_down = self.nummer.show_keyboard()

3)
keyboard_mode: 'managed'
is_focusable: True
focus: True
on_touch_down:
   root.click_label()
   nummer.show_keyboard()

The keyboard opens once at the beginning, but if you push it away and then click on a text input again, it no longer opens, why ???

Eghosa Osayande

Aug 8, 2020, 1:59:41 AM8/8/20
to Kivy development
The issue is that your changing the default keyboard mode from 'auto' to 'managed'. When the keyboard is onnmanaged mode you wouldn't be able to request for your keyboard. I would suggest changing 'managed' to 'auto'