PyAudio/Kivy

Mohamed Raafat

Feb 16, 2023, 7:10:02 PM2/16/23
to Kivy development
Hello everyone,
I am trying to build a speech recognition app with kivy and I need to import 'PyAudio' module in my buildozer file but it gives me an error,

 Is there a way to use PyAudio on Android?
buildozer.spec

Peter Pacsay

Feb 20, 2023, 1:31:13 AM2/20/23
to kivy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am working with he buildozer. and it is never easy to find the good solution.

I do not know pyaudio exactly. But I am using any other special modules.
Many things can cause the problem.
e.g.
- you do not need to call the module in buildozer.at all
- the module is good for your original python app but not good for converting apk. (look for another, similar module, if it is possible)
- something is missing for this module (the other module, or upgrade)
But here I would try first:
I suppose you use any wav, mp3, or any other audio file in your kivy, python app, but this extensions are missing in this row:

# (list) Source files to include (let empty to include all the files)
source.include_exts = py,png,jpg,kv,atlas
I think the ChatGtp can show some way to find the final solution faster.
Best Regards,

Peter