Plyer Notification does not work on android

Mark Joseph Caisip

Sep 23, 2021, 7:11:47 AM9/23/21
to Kivy development
I'm building an android app in buildozer with plyer. It seems that the notification don't work.

The notification code in main.py:
     notification.notify(title='WARNING!', message='This is a sample warning!')

It works on my computer running Linux Fedora 34 Workstation, but when I built it for android and run it on my phone, the app crashes when it tries to send a notification. It says that there's no attribute icon for the app in _set_icons.py. I tried to look into it, but I don't know what should I do.

buildozer.spec file:
     requirements = python3,kivy,plyer
     icon.filename = %(source.dir)s/icon/warning_icon.png

Logs:
     AttributeError: type object 'com.test.notification.R$drawable' has no attribute 'icon'
     Python for android ended.

I've researching for a while now, but can't find a solution. If this not really working, is there other alternative to push a notification on android?

Mark Joseph Caisip

Sep 24, 2021, 2:34:58 PM9/24/21
to Kivy development
I have finally fixed the error.

Miikyzz RP

Nov 20, 2021, 11:04:45 AM11/20/21
to Kivy development
hello, hey pal i am on windows but i have not solved the problem. could you help me