[ANN] Kivy 1.0.5 released

Mathieu Virbel

Apr 16, 2011, 5:57:15 AM4/16/11
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com, kivy...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We are pleased to present the first stable of Kivy (1.0.5).

Kivy is a full featured framework for creating novel and performant
user interfaces, such as multitouch applications, under the LGPL 3
license. The framework work on Windows, MacOSX, Linux and Android.
All downloads are available on the website:

http://kivy.org

We would like to thanks all ladies and guys that support Kivy, in term
of bug reports, code contributions, and tests !

This version is declared as a stable version. Since the first Kivy
release, we greatly fixed our core base, and add many features. But
the API is mostly stable. We have severals way for checking the
compatibility of your application and the current Kivy used. For
example, if you see "New in version 1.0.5" in the documentation, your
application must require 1.0.5 version of Kivy by doing:

import kivy; kivy.require('1.0.5')

This version include a extension system, that we'll use to provide
binaries extensions as Panda3D, berkelium, etc. All the extensions
will be provided "as is". Depending of the extensions, not all
platform will be supported. We'll deliver the first extension
berkelium next week.

Android support is still under progress, and we'll deliver a tool for
packaging your application into an APK next week too.

As usual, report issues at:

http://github.com/tito/kivy/issues

Changelog - 1.0.5
=================

Core
----

- [#106] New title/icon properties in App class to set title/icon
of the Windows
- [#92] Fixes to detect recursion in Kivy language
- [#52] Update Kivy icon for 512, 256, 128, 64, 32 pixels size
- [#49, 41] Add videocapture support for Windows platform
- [#17] New template support in Kivy language
- [#6] New lang directive: #:import <alias> <package>
- Clean setup.py and update packages
- Disable gstreamer/camera on Mac OSX
- Enhance and speedup Clock internals
- Enhance properties exception message with its name
- Fixes for logger with ascii/unicore
- Fixes for OpenCV Camera provider on Mac OSX
- Fixes many part of lang / widget related to properties
- Fixes python path on Mac OSX
- Fixes to support jpeg extension in Pygame image loader
- Fixes to support only extensions with read support in PIL image
loader
- New -c/--config section:key:value to change the configuration
- New Clock.create_trigger (replace unschedule/schedule_once)
- New exception if Python 32 bits is used on Mac OSX
- New extensions system (experimental)
- Removed kivy.utils.curry, use functools.partial instead.

Graphics
--------

- [#89] Add documentation for Color class
- Fixes for bgr->rgb conversion
- Fixes for matrix multiplication order and matrix internals

Input
-----

- [#87] Fix retaintouch postproc
- Fixes for the mouse provider using disable_on_activity

Widget
------

- [#40] Fixes for scatter.[center_x, center_y, top, right]
- [#47] Fixes for scatter usage inside scatter
- [#79] Correctly update child when size_hint/pos_hint is updated
- [#94] Fixes graphicals glitch when using Layout*
- Clean hacks for add_widget/remove_widget in Widget
- Fixes for correctly honnor Scatter.do_scale
- Fixes for ScrollView.scroll_timeout
- New alternating line colors for TreeView
- New FileChooser widget (experimental)
- New on_text_validate event for TextInput
- New shorten property for Label
- New StackLayout widget (experimental)

Documentation

- [#69, #88] Fix ubuntu installation and installation execution
- [#86] New FAQ entry: pip installation failed
- [#98] New FAQ entry: undefined symbol: glGenerateMipmap
- Reword kivy language API

--
Mathieu, Christopher and Thomas
http://kivy.org/#aboutus