Assistance with Plyer SpeechToText

Wind Tombs

Jul 22, 2020, 6:57:41 AM7/22/20
to Kivy development
Hi,

I cannot seem to make plyer Speech-To-Text (STT) working on my Android device.  I got my sample from the plyer github.

I've used at as is. When I run the app, the interface works, but once I hit the "Start Listening" button, it listens for about a second, then stops.
I've tried debugging it, and when I talk, I do not get anything in "results" or "partial" results, they are just blank.

I generated an APK using buildozer, and I've also used the Kivy Launcher to launch the uncompiled sample.

Does this work only on specific devices? I have a Xiaomi RedMi7 device.

Any assistance on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.