Bar lines

janelleb...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2017, 7:48:49 AM4/19/17
to Kitesurfing forum
Hi there, I have a kiteboarding setup and have been having problems with flying. I have taken it to a school but theyre encouraging me to just buy a new setup. As far as I can tell all the equipment is good it may just be a slight calibration problem. The issue is that when flying the kite responds late, and it seems that my 2 middle lines have alot of slack. COuld this be the problem? How could i set my lines up properly and avoid needing to purchase a whole new rig?

Peter Campbell

Apr 20, 2017, 7:23:33 PM4/20/17
to janelleb...@gmail.com, Kitesurfing forum
Janelle,

It sounds like you have a tuning problem or the bar & lines is not the right one for the kite.

The middle lines shouldn't have any or much slack so they may be too long.

With the bar out the rear lines can go slack.  If they are tight but you have delayed response from the kite that is not good.

I would take your setup to a trustworthy kite shop and get them to check the line tuning and lengths.

Regards, Peter

Claudio Rios

Apr 22, 2017, 12:59:01 AM4/22/17
to Kitesurfing forum, janelleb...@gmail.com, peter...@gmail.com
Hi Janelle,

It sounds to me like your stretched front lines may be the problem. You may be able to fix your lines yourself. Here are a couple step by step instruction videos that have helped me (you can find a lot more on You Tube - search Kite bar tuning):

Good Luck,
Claudio