Re: KissXML-derived software will probably fail Apple's API scan

Aleksei Kac

Nov 24, 2009, 4:06:22 PM11/24/09
to kis...@googlegroups.com
Our app uses it as well and was approved today. That said their API scanner is a bit rough.

--
Sent from my mobile phone
(please excuse any mistakes or short response I might have made)

On Nov 24, 2009, at 2:44 PM, kis...@googlegroups.com wrote:

    My app was approved today. Last week I posted that Apple had raised
    "_NSObject instance variable" as an undocumented API that was in my
    app.

    Scanning the source code I found that KissXML assigns the isa pointer
    in initWithCheckedPrimitive in
    DDXMLNode.m.

    Since KissXML was included as a component of a library and I wasn't
    using it I removed it and the app was approved today.

    I assume it was the isa pointer assignment, but it could have been
    something else that I didn't identify...

    Matt