documentation and/or sample code

mgf...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2009, 9:12:56 PM6/7/09
to KissXML
It looks like KissXML should be just what I need, but I'm wondering if
there is any documentation and/or example code to get me started.
Also, is it now known to work with iPhone OS 3.0?

Thanks,

Matthew Fleming

Robbie Hanson

Jun 8, 2009, 2:36:04 AM6/8/09
to kis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthew,

KissXML was designed to be a drop in replacement for Apple's NSXML
classes, which they decided not to include on the iPhone. So any
documentation and samples you find for NSXMLDocument, NSXMLElement,
and NSXMLNode should also apply to KissXML.

> Also, is it now known to work with iPhone OS 3.0?

KissXML is basically a wrapper on top of libxml. Libxml is included
in both iPhone 2 and 3. I haven't had the chance to test it
personally with the new 3.0, but I would imagine it would work fine.
I wonder if the included libxml library is the same between iPhone 2
and 3?

-Robbie Hanson
-Deusty Designs

mgf...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2009, 9:11:12 AM6/8/09
to KissXML
OK, thanks. The iPhone includes NSXMLParser, which as I understand it
is a push-type event driven parser, as opposed to NSXML, which is a
parser/generator organized around a tree model, like DOM. (Sorry if I
am stating the obvious but this is all a bit confusing for an XML and
iPhone neophyte). I'll read up on NSXML.

I'll be trying it on iPhone OS 3.0, first the simulator and then a
device, and will let you know if any problems.

Thanks very much for your quick response and for making this
available.

Matthew Fleming